May 11, 2020
Good News! We will be meeting at the church for worship beginning this coming Sunday, May 17th at 10:00 a.m.
Our elders continue to stress our commitment to move slowly and carefully in order to protect everyone.
Here is what next Sunday will look like:
1. We will have just one service at 10:00 a.m. No classes beforehand.
2. Everything will be held in the auditorium. No nursery. No children’s classes. No classes upstairs. We have closed off the coffee bar, kitchen and classrooms on the first floor.
3. Our typical main entrance can get crowded, therefore we are recommending that everyone use the double door entry on the east side of the building. Look for signage. The entrance brings everyone immediately into the large auditorium. No steps. No curbs. Spacious entry.
4. We will have chairs set up similar to normal except more spacing between.
5. We will enjoy singing with our Praise Team. Read scripture. Pray. And enjoy studying God’s Word together as normal.
6. Families with children will be able to sit at one of nine large round tables at the back of the auditorium to take part in the service. Crayons and Bible Coloring Pages will be available.
7 The men’s room and ladies room at the back of the auditorium will be available.
8. We will not be handing out any flyers or bulletins. And we will not be providing coffee.
9. Masks will be available for those who would like one.
10. No hugging. No hand shaking. Those attending are encouraged to spread out with chairs between them. Families are welcome to slide chairs closer.
11. All chairs, tables floors and rest rooms will be disinfected after each service.
(see next page for Additional Encouragements)
1. Please do not come if you are feeling at all sick.
2. No one should feel one bit pressured to come. We completely respect your personal decision for you and your family.
3. We are all learning. We may decide to make changes after our first Sunday back.
4. The Saturday morning men’s leadership/prayer meeting will meet on May 16th at 8:00 a.m., the day prior to our first Sunday back. We will come in the door on the east side of the building and spread out to meet around the round tables at the back of the auditorium. We will not be including coffee or donuts.
5. We will continue to post our sermons on Facebook and You-tube for those who wish to worship from home. We will continue to send out an email on Sunday morning with a link to click on for the sermon.
6. We will announce these same things on our website and on Instagram and the villagebiblechurch Facebook page. And as always feel free to phone any one of our four pastors with any questions.
7. We will not be passing around an offering plate or communion plates. An offering basket will be placed on a table at the back of the auditorium.
8. For now we will not be offering valet parking for safety reasons.
9. We will clean ear phones after each use.
10. Small Groups meeting in homes are encouraged to make their own decisions about meeting with the reminder to respect decisions for each person.
We are assured from Scripture that meeting together is an important part of our spiritual life. And we also know that safety for everyone is essential. Let’s all of us continue to pray for wisdom as we move forward in serving the Lord and making some of these decisions.
In the Matchless Name of Jesus,
Pastor Ken Dalton 317-414-9477
Pastor Bob Stull 317-727-2051
Pastor Brett Harper 317-954-8386
Pastor Brandon Awrey 317-918-2107