James 4:13–5:11, “A Christian World View”, Sermon by Pastor Ken Dalton, October 25, 2015
A Christian Worldview/Notes
James 4: 13-5:11
Book of James = written by James, half brother of Jesus, to new believers who have become refugees, scattered due to persecution for their faith. He tells them how to live as Christians in their current culture.
- James 4: 13-17.
Beware of a Worldview that is arrogant and believes that man is in control through his power and his money.
- James 5: 1-6.
Beware of a Worldview that tends to admire luxury and greed.
- James 5: 7-11.
Beware of a Worldview that has no room for patience, sacrifice and suffering.
Questions to consider:
What would our faith look like:
- If America becomes inconsequential with respect to major world events and end times.
- If I had no car.
- If I had no personal home and had to share housing with others.
- If I had no church building to go to.
- If I had no TV.
- If I did not have religious freedom.
- If I lived in a culture that had no respect for human life
Our Christian Worldview Should Influence our:
- Politics. 2. Money. 3. Sacrifices and Patience. 4. Education.
- Careers. 6. Families. 7. Beliefs concerning the rapture of the church.
- Legalism and controlling details. 9. Personal fitness and appearance.
- Entertainment. 11. Merchandising.