What We Believe
Dietrich Bonhoeffer once said, in response to the terrible atrocities against the Jews during the holocaust, “Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
In light of some of the current issues facing our country and our world today, here is a partial list of some of the important truths we at Village Bible Church hold to, and about which we believe that we should not be silent:
- In the authority of the Word of God, the Bible.
- In God-ordained marriage between a man and a woman, as beautifully portrayed throughout the Word of God.
- That God created the world.
- That man can be saved from the penalty of his sin by God’s grace through faith and that it is not through good works, but a gift from God.
- That Jesus Christ is God.
- That all of us as believers have been called upon to pray for and support our Christian brothers and sisters being persecuted around the world.
- In the miracle and sanctity of human life.
- In the Sovereignty of God in all things.
- In the depravity of man.
- In the commission given to all Christians to die to self in order to take the Gospel (Good News) message to the world.